1. I am out in the open (sun, fresh air)
2. I am walking around (exercise)
3. I'm working my camera (and then some, poor thing). For me it's a veritable feast in terms of creativity and inspiration. Each garden has it's own unique look and feel: whether it's the plant selection, the layout, the details, the large trees, the expanse of lawn, an amazing water feature, the art, the home, or a combination of those and many more. If you are not inspired by "something" in each garden, then you must be half dead, truly, there is so much to enjoy!
4. At least one of the gardens (per weekend) runs a "tea garden" (funds of which go towards charity), so you can drink tea, eat scones (or other delicacies), relax or chat in the verdant splendour of someone else's garden .....
5. And of course, I love that this is all done by highly committed volunteers who make this possible each spring and summer and that the funds raised go towards a good cause (normally a pre determined charity).
To me these "events" are always worth the while in terms of time, effort and money, not least in terms of what I personally gain in creative inspiration!!
These pictures are but some of the many of one of the gardens visited this past weekend .....
For more info on this organisation and forthcoming open gardens, click here and go to tab : Current Season