I love cooking, especially when it's to share with a number of people. As the warmer heats up, I tend to favour light, simple, quick and easy dishes. So here's the first (of many to come, I guess) of the summer feast. This is a very simple pata "salad" which feeds four.
1 large tin of tuna (425g) or equivalent, in brine to reduce fat content
1 large onion, sliced/ diced
2 tbls olive oil
2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
a handful of fresh parsely, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lite mayonnaise
a squeeze of lemon juice
chilli (optional) to taste
1. Cook pasta.
2. Fry onion (in olive oil) until golden (not burnt!) add salt to avoid burning
3. Add tuna to warm through, then add shopped spring onion.
4. Remove fro mthe heat, add chives and parsley
5. Place mayonnaise in a bowl, add some salt, pper and a tiny bit of paprika for colour - mix well.
6. Combine pasta, and tuna mixture i na large bowl, add sauce, a squeeze of lemon juice and mix well. If you feel you want more mayo, or more olive oil, chilli, salt or pepper, season to taste
7. Can be served warm or cold with a side salad, olives, crusty bread and a glass of crisp dry white wine!
Picture credit: Gena D Photography
Trendy Bombe Chest
5 years ago