Another soup from the Vintage Rose Kitchen. A smooth, rich soup to enjoy with a dollop of cream, rye or sour dough breads and a variety of cheeses.
1 kg butternut, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
5 stalks celery, chopped
3 carrots cubed
1-2 medium potato, cubed
2 tsps cumin
1 tsp dried thyme (or fresh equivalent)
1 tsp dried parsley (or fresh equivalent)
4 tbls olive oil
1 tin creamed sweetcorn
1. In a pot, brown onion in 2tbls olive oil (do not burn)
2. Add stock, butternut, celery, carrots, potato, herbs and spices.
3. Boil for approximately 1 hr, until vegetables are very soft.
4. With a stick blender, puree all ingredients.
5. Add creamed sweetcorn, remainder of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, stir well and bring to the boil and remove from heat.
6. Serve with a dollop of cream, rye or sour dough bread and a variety of strong flavoured cheeses.
I find this soup tastes much better made many hours beforehand or enjoyed the next day... somehow the flavors seem to "mature".
Have fun and let me know your thoughts!
Trendy Bombe Chest
6 years ago